Who is it for?
This qualification delivers the skills and essential knowledge to manage books effectively. It includes manual double entry bookkeeping, and associated documents and processes, up to Trial Balance standard.
This qualification has no entry requirements
With 6 hours per week of study, it may be possible to complete this qualification in as little as two months.
The Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping can lead to employment as:
- Accounts administrator
- Accounts assistant
- Accounts payable clerk
- Purchase/sales ledger clerk
This qualification leads to the Advanced and Professional Diplomas
You can confirm that this is the correct level for you by using the AAT Skillcheck
What do I get?
You receive pre-recorded tuition and revision recordings, tutor support until midnight 7 days a week (available until you qualify), study texts, student notes and exam kits
There are 2 individual units as follows
- Understand financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
- Process customer transactions
- Process supplier transactions
- Process receipts and payments
- Process transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
- Understand payment methods
- Understand controls in a bookkeeping system
- Use control accounts
- Use the journal
- Reconcile a bank statement with the cash book
How will I be assessed?
There are 2 assessments, both of which are individual unit assessments
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
What is the full cost?
£300 Our fees
£150 for 2 assessments at between £70 and £80 each (say, £75)
£43 AAT student admission/membership
£493 Total cost
- our fees can be paid for by 2 monthly instalments of £150
- our prices include UK postage
- that assessment fees vary from centre to centre, and the fee is paid direct to the AAT approved assessment venue that you choose.
- it is a requirement that you register with the AAT within 4 weeks of enrolling on the course
- the AAT may not accept you as a member if you have been declared bankrupt, or have a criminal record.